Self Taught Celebrity Make-Up Artist
Ex Mac Cosmetics Artist

Cosmetic Tattoo Consultant
Based In Manchester in the UK

Tuesday 6 January 2015

My Love For Lashes

I thought I would do a post on some of my fave lashes. I like fluffy lashes that are fluttery and pretty. Natural hair is always preferred but some synthetic ones are ok. There's just nothing worse than a shiny black lash on pics you want them looking natural and to frame your eyes and make-up they are NOT the feature!!! 

Lashes I use on my clients are Eldora. The reason I use these is because they are based in the UK, their lashes are very durable and can be worn many times so after my clients leave me it means they can re use them again and again afterwards which is absolute value for money. They also do discount for MUAs so naturally, given the amount of clients I see every week this is important to me. They do natural hair and synthetic. I use the natural which are the ones that begin with a "h" the ones that begin with a "b" are synthetic. I also use the "m"s a LOT, they are the double layered ones, I think these are natural hair too I could be mistaken but either way they are fab.
Ones to order: 
H151
H160 
H153
H125 
M101
M102
M103
M104
I don't personally like m105 and I occasionally use m106 but they're a bit too big for me. 

Ardell Lashes are lovely too. Purely based on the price I don't buy these often. As far as I'm aware you can't get mua discount on these but I do get them marginally cheaper from the wholesalers (salon services). The wispies and Demi wispies are my fave I buy them for my own personal use. Also with these you can wear them again and again. They also do double layered ones but I haven't used them myself. 

Huda Beauty Lashes I have so much love for! 
Samantha and Giselle are exactly what I love about lashes. Soft and fluffy. Samantha is fuller than giselle. Now with these they come from Dubai. So you have to pay postage and customs. If you are a makeup artist and buy in bulk it doesn't work out too bad at around £12 per set, however if it is for personal use and you wouldn't want to buy 5+ then there is an English seller on Instagram who sells them for £20 a pair (making a massive profit of nearly £8 a lash). I simply could never afford to use these on my clients unless I charged more, I get these purely for myself. 

Lilly Lashes are another fab brand from America. You again have to pay postage and she has a broad range of lashes. I love them ALL you want to get the human hair ones they are all so pretty and fluffy, they work out at about £8 a lash so again I just keep these for me. 

House of lashes are from America and again you need to pay postage and customs on these. They took AGES to come so if you are in a rush don't go for this option. The thing I love about this brand is the bottom lashes as not many brands do bottom lashes well. I have noir fairy, siren, iconic and pixie. They are all quite fluffy and dramatic except for siren which is like a curly version of mac 35s if anyone knows what they are. If not check them out they some of my faves too. 

Red cherry lashes are a brand I have once tried by accident. I think the number was 43 and I bloody LOVED them. I just have never got round to ordering any but they are really affordable and English so easy to order. I need to check out what other styles from this brand I would like. 

Glues: 
Nowadays you don't often get glue with lashes. The reason for this is usually to get you to buy their own separately, it's usually crap glue anyway and lots of places have their own which are far better. 

Duo glue is an amazing brand I like the classic white one the best! They recently brought out a new one which comes with a handy little bottle that has a brush applicator (which is amazing) but the glue formula is different and I don't like it. It's not as long wearing as the original and ironically stays sticky even after its dried which I imagine they did this so it continues to stick after dried but it still lifts but it's just a nightmare!! 

Huda glue is like a dark grey/black and I love this glue coz its waterproof but the problem with black glues is if it goes anywhere other than on the lash line you get black in places your really didn't want. Even as a professional I still manage to get it on eyelids especially if my client blinks when applying. If you've done a dark smokey eye however then this wouldn't really matter. 

Olivia x

1 comment:

  1. Ardell are my fave too I love them.. Have you tried amazing shine lashes? They are only £1.99 x

    ReplyDelete